PART 1: When joining a peaceful walk:
- Please bring only things that you would need, e.g. Identity Card, sufficient cash, water, etc.
PART 2: If arrested, note the following:-
- Only give your name, ID number and address
- Politely ask, “Am I under arrest”
- If yes, politely ask “Why am I under arrest”
- Please remember the name of the officer, the designation of the officer and the branch you are at.
- You only need to answer questions pertaining to you (Name, ID number and address)
- You do not need to answer anything else.
- Exercise your right to remain silent by saying “I am exercising my right to remain silent”
- Ask for your right to a phone call; call someone who can immediate assist you
- Ask for your right to a lawyer; call someone who can immediate assist you